Commodities Program










   back to top




The FDPIR (Food Distribution on Indian Reservations) is a low-income program provided by The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). There is an income guideline depending on your household size that you must be under in order to qualify. We are limited in our service area. We can provide services to the reservations in our area and the cities within a 20 mile radius from the reservations that are included on our service area waivers. (Waivers were granted to only a certain few large cities. This is because USDA wants people to utilize the Food Stamp Program unless they are in a rural area.)

Anyone receiving Food Stamps or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is not eligible for the program. Anyone not living on a reservation must be Native American from a federally recognized tribe and have valid proof.

All applicants must provide social security cards; proof of residency, and all income in household that is received by anyone has to be verified. You can pick up an application for the program at the Morongo WIC office, Soboba WIC office, or Torres Martinez Clinic. If you need specific information contact the Commodity Foods Program at 951-845-3955.

The Commodity Foods Program is a Federal program and we follow federal guidelines. Anyone living on a reservation in our service area can apply for the program. If they are found to eligible (income, social security cards, and residency verification) they will be issued food. People living in a near area (within 20 miles from our service area reservations, in towns with the population under 10,000, unless we have an approved waiver from USDA to serve towns over the 10,000 limit) has to have at least one tribal member from a federally recognized tribe. The program is a low income program and you have to be under the limit for your household size. You also cannot receive Food Stamps or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). When you apply for the program you must have the last 30 days worth of income verification, proof of residency, social security cards for all household members, and if you are not living on a reservation, your proof of Indian blood. We serve all reservations in Riverside and San Bernardino counties except Pechanga.

back to top






Bison Meat Peanut Butter Roasted Peanuts Spaghetti Sauce
Mixed Veggies Tomato Sauce Canned Vegetables Frozen Beef
Fresh Vegetables Fresh Fruits Frozen Chicken Canned Nuts
Canned Fruit Juices Dry Cereal Corn Syrup Canned Meats
Pastry Mix Enriched Flour Butter Cooking Oil
Canned Poultry Canned Fish Powdered Oatmeal
Shortening Milk Cheese Canned Beans
Crackers Pasta Rice  
Dried Fruit Trail Mix Canned Fruit  

 back to top



Our program provides monthly nutrition education at the Commodity Food Warehouse. We focus on obesity prevention, diabetes prevention and treatment, high blood pressure and preparation of healthful meals for the family using Commodity Foods. Contact us at (951) 845-3955.


As a recipient of USDA funds, RSBCIHI is required to make this posting available:

RSBCIHI is an equal opportunity provider and employer: 

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

back to top

11 Convenient Locations