Application and resume upload begins at the bottom of this page.
Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. Only complete applications will be considered for the position.
For consideration of any position we require a fully completed application. This includes Education Information, Employment History and Work Experience. Account for all employment within the last ten years, beginning with your current or most recent employer. In addition, indicate any other experience which you feel is relevant to the position for which you are applying (military experience, volunteer or experience gained etc.). If the field is not applicable, mark N/A. Please attach your resume as supplemental information only. Applications will be rejected if “SEE RESUME” is written on any portion of this section
The Accountant will perform a variety of accounting tasks for a non-profit federal and state funded healthcare provider. This may include daily transactional processing, funding agency reporting, general ledger and financial analysis and budgeting support. This position requires attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy. The organization is a multi-funded, non-profit tribal organization, which provides health care services to Indian tribes and other eligible Indians in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, California. Must be able to work with the Indian Community, and be sensitive to the Indian Culture and its needs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares daily cash deposits and monitors daily cash logs from outside clinics.
• Enters and allocates all third party insurance reimbursements and grant income from various funding sources to the appropriate fund.
• Supports the billing department in reconciling cash to the NextGen billing and TPMS pharmacy solution.
• Enters bi-weekly payroll and benefits journal entry with the appropriate fund and department level allocations.
• Prepares monthly cost, financial statement, and other reporting for various grants as required per contract terms.
• Supports departmental and fund specific budgeting and financial analysis requirements, including budget preparation, reporting, and variance analysis.
• Prepares and enters journal entries as required into the Blackbaud accounting system.
• Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules for the annual audit by the outside accounting firm.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Complexity: The Accountant works within a complex accounting environment encompassing multiple funding sources subject to numerous
governmental and private restrictions. Additionally, this position requires knowledge of basic fund accounting principles to allocate revenue and
expenditures on both a fund and department level basis.
• This position is an important and integral part of the fiscal operation. The ability to manage daily transactional level accounting requirements to
streamline monthly close as well as supporting third party billing reconciliation and department budgeting is critical to this role.
Education & Experience
Two to five years of accounting experience, preferably within a non-profit organization that has multiple sources of funding.
Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
This position must be proficient with Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets. Basic accounting knowledge is essential.
Must be able to work with the Indian Community, and be sensitive to the Indian culture and its needs.
You are also advised that this organization is required to give preference in employment and training to qualified Indian candidates (Title 2 U.S. Code 472 and 473) and Public Law 93-638 provided the applicant has submitted appropriate verification of Indian preference for employment.
NOTICE OF DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT:
Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health Inc., has adopted a Drug-Free and Alcohol-Free Policy, in part, to satisfy its obligations under the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. It is unlawful for any employee to manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance in the workplace. In addition, Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health, Inc., must be notified within five (5) calendar days of any criminal drug statute conviction for a violation occurring in the workplace. Employees who are suspected of violating Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health, Inc.’s Drug-Free and Alcohol-Free Policy may be required to submit to inspections of their persons, vehicles or personal property. This may include medical testing for alcohol and/or drug use.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
Medical, Dental and Vision to all Full-Time Employees
Paid Time Off, Extended Illness Time
Paid Time off for Bereavement and Jury Duty
401(k) – Retirement Programs
Life Insurance- 2 Times Your Annual Pay (Limit Applies)
Long Term Disability
Supplemental Benefits- Accident, Critical Illness, Life, Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Programs
Employee Fitness Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program for Native American Employees
Career Advancement Opportunities
San Manuel Clinic-Grand Terrance, Ca
To begin the application process, please enter your information below.