Application and resume upload begins at the bottom of this page.
Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. Only complete applications will be considered for the position.
For consideration of any position we require a fully completed application. This includes Education Information, Employment History and Work Experience. Account for all employment within the last ten years, beginning with your current or most recent employer. In addition, indicate any other experience which you feel is relevant to the position for which you are applying (military experience, volunteer or experience gained etc.). If the field is not applicable, mark N/A. Please attach your resume as supplemental information only. Applications will be rejected if “SEE RESUME” is written on any portion of this section
The Clinic Receptionist/Call Center Representative float position carries out front desk and administrative tasks in relation to the day-to-day activities of the Medical Department; greets patients with medical appointments; schedules patients’ appointments, tests and procedures; answers all patient questions; answers all incoming calls in a timely manner and directs the caller to the appropriate destination while providing clear and professional communication; be willing to work closely with patients, providers, nursing, call center representatives and other staff of the health care team. Must be professional, detail-oriented, have exceptional in-person and phone skills, and be able to handle a very fast-paced environment. This position as Float, understands they will be covering and traveling to clinics in need of coverage and when no coverage is needed as a Clinic Receptionist, they will be stationed at the Soboba Clinic, assisting Call Center with incoming scheduling needs and back up Soboba Clinic Receptionist.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Medical Department’s incoming calls and address accordingly- Manage incoming calls for patient appointments per set guidelines
- Manage front desk duties; greet patients, provide appropriate forms, patient workflow coordination (lab, radiology, etc.); empanelment of Primary Care Provider; schedule future/follow up appointments
- Notify team of patient late arrivals or notify patient of provider delays
- Tasks are assigned by medical team within the medical receptionist’s scope
- Manage and schedule in-person appointments and/or patient post visit appointment needs per set guidelines
- Assist with follow up and rescheduling of cancelled or missed appointments
- Manage patient call lists
- Assist with handling patient records for medical team and HIM: faxing, printing, copies, shredding, emailing, and Release of Information (ROI) requests.
- Facilitate coordination of external facilities inquiries for patients and medical team
- Respond to calls, emails and patient portal inquiries from internal and external sources
- Manage and contact patients to give pertinent information about upcoming appointments, schedule changes and cancelations, and confirming appointments scheduled
- Communicate scheduling matters with other staff and departments
- Be part of the Call Center workgroup, assist with incoming scheduling calls when not covering Clinic Receptionist
- If applicable, Clinic Receptionist role will also include Patient Registration duties (this may vary per clinic site)
- Ensure HIPAA compliance with managing of patient information and health record
- Escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Attend required in-services and meetings
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
Education & Experience
High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience with Electronic Health Record System, Preferred. Must be willing to be trained in using Electronic Health Record System such as: scheduling, patient registration, patient monitoring, and data entry. Customer Service experience. Medical reception or patient scheduling experience, preferred.
Current CPR Certification that meets the guidelines from the American Heart Association or Red Cross (Can be obtained prior to orientation)
Schedule patients electronically, HIPAA guidelines, electronic health record system
Must have clear and effective written and oral communication skills, empathetic phone etiquette. Must be able to problem solve and manage difficult cases appropriately and in a professional manner.
Maintain strict confidentiality, security and safety of health records and information provided at all times; functions as a member of the Quality Improvement team; must possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients, providers, nursing, RN/Site Manager and other department staff. Attitude reflects professionalism and respect for other’s rights and responsibilities.
Must be able to work with the Indian Community, and be Sensitive to the Indian culture and its needs.
Assignments will be carried out in a healthcare setting with the potential for exposure to contagious diseases. There is potential for exposure to unpleasant situations, complaints or incidents regarding patients and complaints. Standing and sitting are frequent for long periods of time. Some walking and lifting are required.
You are also advised that this organization is required to give preference in employment and training to qualified Indian candidates (Title 2 U.S. Code 472 and 473) and Public Law 93-638 provided the applicant has submitted appropriate verification of Indian preference for employment.
NOTICE OF DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT:
Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health Inc., has adopted a Drug-Free and Alcohol-Free Policy, in part, to satisfy its obligations under the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. It is unlawful for any employee to manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance in the workplace. In addition, Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health, Inc., must be notified within five (5) calendar days of any criminal drug statute conviction for a violation occurring in the workplace. Employees who are suspected of violating Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health, Inc.’s Drug-Free and Alcohol-Free Policy may be required to submit to inspections of their persons, vehicles or personal property. This may include medical testing for alcohol and/or drug use.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
Medical, Dental and Vision to all Full-Time Employees
Paid Time Off, Extended Illness Time
Paid Time off for Bereavement and Jury Duty
401(k) – Retirement Programs
Life Insurance- 2 Times Your Annual Pay (Limit Applies)
Long Term Disability
Supplemental Benefits- Accident, Critical Illness, Life, Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Programs
Employee Fitness Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program for Native American Employees
Career Advancement Opportunities
Santa Rosa Clinic/Cahuilla Clinic as Assigned
Other Clinic Locations
Morongo Indian Health Clinic (11555 ½ Potrero Banning, Ca 92220)
San Manuel Indian Health Clinic (11980 Mt. Vernon Ave. Grand Terrance Ca, 92313)
Soboba Indian Health Clinic (23119 Soboba Rd San Jacinto, Ca 92583)
Torres Martinez Indian Clinic (66-655 Martinez Rd Thermal, Ca 92274)
Barstow Indian Health Clinic (170 Yucca Ave. Barstow, Ca 92311)
Pechanga Indian Health Clinic (47001 Pala Rd. Temecula, Ca 92592)
Commodities Warehouse (23123 Soboba Rd. San Jacinto, Ca 92583)
To begin the application process, please enter your information below.