Application and resume upload begins at the bottom of this page.
Please ensure that all sections of the application are fully completed. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. Only complete applications will be considered for the position.
For consideration of any position we require a fully completed application. This includes Education Information, Employment History and Work Experience. Account for all employment within the last ten years, beginning with your current or most recent employer. In addition, indicate any other experience which you feel is relevant to the position for which you are applying (military experience, volunteer or experience gained etc.). If the field is not applicable, mark N/A. Please attach your resume as supplemental information only. Applications will be rejected if “SEE RESUME” is written on any portion of this section.
Applicant must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Public Health or relatable field. Minimum of one year experience in community health education programs preferred. The applicant must become certified as a Health Education Specialist (CHES) within 2 years of employment. Applicant must pass additional background checks required by community partners/school settings within the first 45 days of employment. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License with a safe driving record, DMV record required. Must have or willing to obtain current BLS Certification from the American Heart Association or Red Cross prior to orientation. Under direction of the Program Supervisor, the Health Educator presents prevention education in schools, community, plans, organizes, conducts and evaluates community health education programs designed to motivate lifestyle changes and reduce unwanted teen pregnancies, promote male involvement in prevention education programs, promotes self-esteem amongst the youth and help youth increase self efficacy skills. This position is funded by a Grant. Must be able to work with the Indian community and be sensitive to the Indian culture and its needs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine community health education needs and participate in the planning, development and evaluation programs.
- Teach prevention education in schools, community and at conferences.
- Effectively applies principles of oral and written communication in mentoring and teaching youths.
- Evaluates indicated personality assessments as a tool for initiating health promoting behavioral changes.
- Teaches youths about STDs, risk factors and Goal setting and ensures program fidelity.
- Identifies and contacts community resources and leaders to gain cooperation, participation and ownership in assessing and fulfilling community health needs.
- Assists in preparation, implementation and evaluation of different prevention programs.
- Manages health promotion programs such as teen pregnancy prevention, male involvement initiatives and healthy relationships.
- Attends collaborative meetings, community cultural events to set up information booths and do focus groups.
- Arranges community events, workshops, seminars and planning meetings.
- Supports the philosophy and objectives of Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific items, processes, or outcomes that the individual in this role is accountable for.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences or Public Health or relatable field. Minimum of one year experience in community health education programs.
Specific abilities or expertise necessary for the position.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license. A current DMV printout is required.
Current CPR/BLS Certification that meets the guidelines from the American Heart Association or Red Cross (Can be obtained prior to orientation)
1. Delay initiation of sex outside of marriage and understands healthy relationships and is able to equip youths with decision making skills.
2. Internalize abstinence education themes A – H.
3. Increase knowledge on benefits of abstinence education and secondary virginity
4. Increase parent-child communication about sex
5. Increase self-esteem
6. Focus on their career and have a goal to be married before having sex.
7. Understand the bad influences of the media and drugs in one’s decision making.
Travel to distant sites.
Work variable work schedule, evenings, and weekends to meet client and program needs.
Must be able to work with the Indian Community, and be Sensitive to the Latino and Indian culture and their needs.
Work requires walking, standing, bending and some lifting.
You are also advised that this organization is required to give preference in employment and training to qualified Indian candidates (Title 2 U.S. Code 472 and 473) and Public Law 93-638 provided the applicant has submitted appropriate verification of Indian preference for employment.
NOTICE OF DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT:
Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health Inc., has adopted a Drug-Free and Alcohol-Free Policy, in part, to satisfy its obligations under the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. It is unlawful for any employee to manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance in the workplace. In addition, Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health, Inc., must be notified within five (5) calendar days of any criminal drug statute conviction for a violation occurring in the workplace. Employees who are suspected of violating Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health, Inc.’s Drug-Free and Alcohol-Free Policy may be required to submit to inspections of their persons, vehicles or personal property. This may include medical testing for alcohol and/or drug use.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
$23.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Medical, Dental and Vision to all Full-Time Employees
- Paid Time Off, Extended Illness Time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off for Bereavement and Jury Duty
- 401(k) – Retirement Programs
- Life Insurance- 2 Times Your Annual Pay (Limit Applies)
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Benefits- Accident, Critical Illness, Life, Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Employee Fitness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for Native American Employees Career Advancement Opportunities
Morongo Indian Health Clinic (11555 ½ Potrero Banning, Ca 92220)
To begin the application process, please enter your information below.