Application and resume upload begins at the bottom of this page.
Please ensure that all sections of the application are fully completed. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. Only complete applications will be considered for the position.
For consideration of any position we require a fully completed application. This includes Education Information, Employment History and Work Experience. Account for all employment within the last ten years, beginning with your current or most recent employer. In addition, indicate any other experience which you feel is relevant to the position for which you are applying (military experience, volunteer or experience gained etc.). If the field is not applicable, mark N/A. Please attach your resume as supplemental information only. Applications will be rejected if “SEE RESUME” is written on any portion of this section.
Applicant must possess a High School diploma or equivalent, and current Ca. Security Guard Card. Must posses a valid California Drivers License with a safe driving record, DMV record required. Must have or willing to obtain current BLS Certification from the American Heart Association or Red Cross prior to orientation Responsible for the overall, day-to-day maintenance of the Clinic facilities and grounds, making certain that cleanliness prevails at all times. Provides customer service to our patients by carrying out safety and security procedures, responds to incidents and critical situations in a calm, problem solving manner. Conducts regular and random patrols around the business and perimeter. Some nights and weekends as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as the principle person responsible for the overall, day-to-day maintenance of the Clinic facilities making certain that cleanliness prevails at all times.
- Maintains professional demeanor with patients/co-workers and others. Handles all patient or program information in the most prudent and confidential manner at all times.
- Sweeps, mops, and polishes floors in clinic. Operates floor cleaner and polishing machines, buffers and heavy-duty sweepers.
- Keeps a stock of cleaning materials, detergents, and disinfectants required to accomplish assigned janitorial work tasks, and notifies supervisor when additional supplies are needed. Keeps storage areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Cleans and disinfects all rooms according to housekeeping procedures in Program Administration manual.
- Consistently maintains acceptable attendance record.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair to medical and dental equipment as necessary and when possible.
- Performs annual interior painting and repair to structure and constructs minor shelving as needed.
- As required, loads and unloads supplies, material and equipment, and moves furniture.
- Performs simple repairs to plumbing fixtures and unclogs commodes and sinks.
- Specifically responsible for yard clean-up of weeds, brush, and other undesired vegetative growth from facility grounds.
- Responsible for clean-up of miscellaneous solid objects, i.e., wood and other debris.
- Fertilize and water soil.
- Spray plants.
- May be required to plant, transplant and care for trees, shrubbery and lawns.
- Trims trees, shrubbery, and hedges.
- Must maintain hand tools, i.e., trimmers, clippers, edger, shovel, hoe, rake, wheelbarrow, and hand saw.
- Sets up, operates and maintains power tools with instruction from supervisor.
- Sweep off outside walkways and parking areas.
- Keeps the drainage pipe in the wash behind the clinic free from debris.
- Performs garbage and trash pickup throughout the clinic and disposes of it in the provided outside containers.
- Moves and disposes of infectious waste as trained and instructed by the Sanitarian.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Specific abilities or expertise necessary for the position.
- Must have a current Ca. Security Guard Card
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license. A current DMV printout is required. Must be insurable by the Program’s insurance carrier.
- Current CPR Certification that meets the guidelines of the American Heart Association or Red Cross (Can be obtained prior to orientation)
Work without direct supervision.
Maintain the confidentiality of the facility.
Must be able to work with the Indian Community, and be
sensitive to the Indian culture and its needs.
Required to lift, load, and transport heavy appliances and equipment.
Incumbent may be required to work late or early shifts and on weekends.
You are also advised that this organization is required to give preference in employment and training to qualified Indian candidates (Title 2 U.S. Code 472 and 473) and Public Law 93-638 provided the applicant has submitted appropriate verification of Indian preference for employment.
NOTICE OF DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT:
Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health Inc., has adopted a Drug-Free and Alcohol-Free Policy, in part, to satisfy its obligations under the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. It is unlawful for any employee to manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance in the workplace. In addition, Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health, Inc., must be notified within five (5) calendar days of any criminal drug statute conviction for a violation occurring in the workplace. Employees who are suspected of violating Riverside-San Bernardino County Indian Health, Inc.’s Drug-Free and Alcohol-Free Policy may be required to submit to inspections of their persons, vehicles or personal property. This may include medical testing for alcohol and/or drug use.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
$17.50 per hour
- Medical, Dental and Vision to all Full-Time Employees
- Paid Time Off, Extended Illness Time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off for Bereavement and Jury Duty
- 401(k) – Retirement Programs
- Life Insurance- 2 Times Your Annual Pay (Limit Applies)
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Benefits- Accident, Critical Illness, Life, Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Employee Fitness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for Native American Employees Career Advancement Opportunities
Monday-Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm, Friday 8:00am-2:00pm
Cahuilla Clinic (Anza, Ca) and Santa Rosa Clinic (Mountain Center, Ca)
Travel required between both clinics
To begin the application process, please enter your information below.